Friday, March 23, 2007

Acceptance


After reading Mockingbird, I truly saw the theme of accepting people. And I'm just not talking about racism. I think Scout liked Mr. Radley, but she saw still him as the strange man who lived down the street. After Scout walked Radley home, she saw his life from his point of view. I really think she grew up. Scout saw that Boo was indeed just like the other "normal" people and that things are not always what they seem. Mockingbird has taught me to keep an open-mind and that youi can't really know a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. I'm sure you guys have all heard that saying one version or another.

3 comments:

Leroy Jenkins said...

Try saving a picture, then when you try to insert a picture, hit browse and click on the saved picture, it will be the right size and not blurry.... as opposed to copy + paste.

Scarlett_Rose said...

I think Scout was fordec to grow-up in one night, but she is still a child. She grew up in the way of accepting people and seeing form another's point-of-view.

Erin said...

What's that supposed to mean? I'm not meaning to type with an adversarial tone, but what do you mean she's forced. Like fate said,"Grow up or else". No, that was not what I was implying. I meant that sometimes in one's life, one comes to understanding of things because they allow themselves to. Scout had choice of being an ignorant brat if she felt like it, but no she didn't. Because Scout is cool like that.