Friday, March 16, 2007

Love

I was looking back at old posts and noticed that somebody wondered if To Kill a Mockingbird was a love story. And frankly I believe it is. I haven't read ahead, but I can already see the love. Atticus shows quite a lot of love for Tom Robinson. Even though Atticus is persecuted by the town for his defending of Tom. I really believe that Atticus will still represent Tom. I believe that Atticus is a believer in the virtue of "love thy neighbor". I think of Atticus as a man of his word and moral. I find it a shame that the county cannot accept racial differences.  Maybe in the end, Maycomb will see there is more to people than black and white. Maybe Maycomb will learn to love.

2 comments:

never_give_up said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
never_give_up said...

I think the love is between other people,i would explain but i would give stuff away.I really like Atticus and he seems like a very respectable man. I wish i could've met him, yes i know he's just a character based on someone. i think it would be worth not having a mom to have a dad like Atticus.

March 18, 2007 5:48 PM