Monday, March 19, 2007

The Trial Activity



This is the second time I have blogged about a class activity, and toady's activity was reading a script of the trial. Although we didn't get finished with the script it was still a fun activity and I was glad I got to participate in this activity. While we were reading this I wondered how many other African Americans were treated this way in court because I'm sure that this wasn't a unique way of treating African Americans in court. I got this picture of an old courtroom because when I look at it I can just picture people such as the people in the book going at it and arguing and fighting about what they believed. I can see the Tom Robinson of the case trying to prove that he didn't rape the Mayella Ewell of the case. I can't imagine how bad the people in the courtroom felt when they realized that Tom didn't rape Mayella. The reason the town didn't want to take the blame off Tom was because they knew that the other suspect was white and they wanted the blame to be on a black person because of the racism. This site has a lot of different definitions and information on racism.

No comments: