Monday, March 5, 2007

Love is...

Towards the begining of Feb. I started reading this great book called "The Christy Miller Collection" right now I am reading the 2nd volume. I started these books thinking that they would be to girlie for me but they are actually really good. They relate alot to God and to things that happen to girls everyday. It deals alot with boy trubles but then it goes into family situations. This is not usually the types of books that I read. I just read something interesting in this book. The charector Todd, is memorizing a bible verse or actually a chapter. This chapter happens to be my favorite chapter of the bible.

This is 1 Corinthians 13:
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.


13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


The reason why I am making this post about Love is because the author, Robin Jones Gunn, talks about love alot in her books. They talk about how Chrisy(the main charctor) struggles with love with her friends, the men in her life and her family and Love towards God. I also wanted to talk about what I think that love is and what you guys think as well. What do you think that love is? To you, is it just something that youve heard all of your life from your parents and friends? Or do you actually know what it is truly about? This book does a great job of describing what love really is and how it can affect teenagers. I would recomend this collection of books to anyone. Actually to be honest I dont think that guys would like it. This is a great christian book and it has a way of grabbing your attention when you read it.

3 comments:

cavalierschick said...

What is love? Tough question. I doubt anyone "really knows what it is". I really do believe that. I don't think anyone really knows what love is. I mean, if we did would there be all the things that are going on today? We have people searching for love, sometimes in all the wrong places, because we don't have a solid definition of what love is. Or maybe we do and it doesn't meet our standards.

KuroiKisu said...

Wow...that's really deep. *sniffles*


*brain hurts*


So deep...that I don't even understand the concept!

Erin said...

I don't think love can be defined. It's so universal that the concept is...I don't know. There are so many different kinds of love that is truly impossible to understand love. It's not like we could observe or anything. I think you just have to appreciate love for what it is. In my opinion, it is the most invaluable non-tangible in existence. LoL!!! Sorry for the big words.