Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Which one do you like?


Anyone excited to be done with Romeo and Juliet? I liked it, but it was starting to get a little boring for a while. How did you guys like it? I really enjoyed it, but I thought at times it got dull and hard to understand. What I did like about the play was how compelling the play was written. Shakespeare wrote all of the emotions that the characters so wonderfully. He really showed the true emotions of people and how people respond to the different chain of events. What I also really liked about reading Romeo and Juliet was how different the two different movies were when we watched them. In the older version, I thought it was interesting to watch everything take place in an authentic setting with the true text. Compared to the newer version, the older one was more true to the story line and gave a beautiful image of the story that seeing it on stage would never offer. The new one, however, let's the audience connect to issues that they know all too well and offers images that we are all accustomed to. I really like the new one because I feel like I can identify more with the characters because I see them in modern clothes and in modern settings. I think overall I really like the modern one better, but there are some parts I've liked better about the older one than the newer. What do you guys think? Which one do you like better?

1 comment:

Eliza101 said...

I agree. I like the new one better, it seemed to be more exciting than the old one and yes, I am glad to finally be done with Romeo and Juliet.