Monday, March 5, 2007

Books

Recently I have just finished the book In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. I loved it. The book told the tale of Dick Hitchcock and Perry Smith from when first planned the murder of the Clutter family up to the prosecution and ultimately the hanging. I thought that the book was excellently written, gripping, and it really explored both sides of the murder. Truman Capote researched and withheld countless interviews with all of the people who were affected by the murders making the book even more pleasurable. After I finished the book i rented the movie, which I felt didn't live up to the book. The actor who played Truman had a really annoying voice. But the movie does kind of give me a better image and allows me to more easily place the names with faces. I would recommend this book to others but be weary. If you read this book you need to be very focused and concentrated because every detail helps you to understand and enjoy the book more. Also at points in the story Truman really paints pictures that are very gruesome and at times sick. I feel that this is an excellent read that is challenging but not too hard. 10 out of 10.

1 comment:

KuroiKisu said...

I loved IN COLD BLOOD! It was a really interesting book!