Friday, March 2, 2007

Sweet Sixteen!!!



Have you ever dreamed of turning 16? Have you dreamed of that ‘Perfect’ car? Well in the book I just finished reading the main Character, Lyne, turns 16. She explains how everyone at her school, and must I add that she goes to an all girl private school, gets a car on their sixteenth birthday. But when Lyne woke up on her sixteenth birthday she realized her sweet sixteen was not so sweet. She woke up to find out that she did not get a car for her birthday. She believes that the reason her father did not get her a car was because, when Lyne was in the third grade her mother passed away in a bad car wreck. As Lyne argues with her dad to why there was not a car with a big red ribbon on it in their driveway for her, her father gives her a one hundred page note that her mother had wrote to Lyne’s father when she was alive. The note explained that her mother was a criminal and Lyne realized she did not now her mother so well as she thought she did. To find out if Lyne ever got the car or if her mom was really a criminal, I strongly encourage you all to read, ‘The Noah Confessions.’ By Barbra Hall.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow that sounds really cool. It kind of reminds me of a Law & Order: CI episode. Maybe I'll read it sometime.

Anonymous said...

I'm turning sixteen, soon but I don't think that I'll be getting a car! It's amazing how materialistic our society can be. Sounds like a good book though, maybe I'll read it sometime.