Saturday, May 5, 2007

Advice, Please!

This week, when the substitute was here, we were suppose to free write about befriending a character in the play and what advice you would give to Romeo or Juliet. I had so much trouble thinking what advice to give. It would be so hard to give advice to either of them, especially because I know what will happen. Either way I looked at it, there was no good advice. I could let them get married, but I would just be letting them die. Or I could tell them not to get married, but they would just be miserable (plus they probably wouldn't listen to me anyway and just get married). Now that they have found each other, they probably won't listen to my advice unless they like it. Lovers sometimes make rash decisions like eloping, so they don't always listen to advice unless it is the kind they want to hear. But in this case, any of the advice will do no good. At least if they get married they can be together and their families will stop fighting. But what I was trying to say was that it is impossible to give good advice because fate is against them.
What advice would you give them?

2 comments:

Crouching_Tiger said...

I think it would be best to tell them to just slow down, considering they've known each other for just a day. In time they will know if they should wed or not.

bumblebee15 said...

That's like telling a bird not to fly. Fate had it that they would met and soon be married and die so the fight between their families would end.