Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Relief or the Fear?

This is my poem.


The heart of mine was galloping,


Like a stallion being released for the first time.


I could finally relax and wipe those droplets of sweat,


Rolling down my face.


The night placed me,


With relapsing terror,


As I was to perform body worship in front of 100.


Body worship is a reenactment of a song


,Like a ballerina does for a dance.


For this night was Thanksgiving,


Thanking God for all the great things,


I chose to represent the church.


I walked to the front with pleas of finishing the song.


As the song started, my heart rate increased,


Like a car's acceleration.


All I could think about was finishing the song,


And completely forgot my reenactment.


I messed up and quickly glanced around the sanctuary,


And warmed up like a light bulb.


My face was as red as an apple,


Because of my embarrassment,


But to my surpise no one noticed my mistake.


I sighed in relief and quickly finished the song.


I learned that I can overcome any obstacle,


If I put my mind to it.

This was the only picture I had of the memory.

No comments: