Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bright Angels, Devils, And A Night In Shining Armor


I feel like the costuming in this film is really great. In fact it is amazing. For example, Juliet wore an angel costume where later in the play, Romeo refers to her a an angel. Romeo is in a knight costume serving as her night in shining armor. I saw something that i bet no one elce saw. I found it intresting that Tybalt was dressed as a devil symbolizing that he is a antagonist in this portion af the play. He tries to strike up trouble by drawing attention to Romeo. It makes sense. Baz Lurhman is a really great director. For those of you who have seen Moulin Rouge, you can tell that he directed that as well. On the subject of how Shakespeare would react to the way that Lurhman portrayed his masterpiece, i wonder if he would like it or not. We really cant be sure but by the way we see that he writes, i think that he would like it this way.

2 comments:

cavalierschick said...

I saw that too, but I want to know why you think Mercutio is dressed in drag.

Eliza101 said...

I must say that that was kind of wierd. I really do not get that all that much. (the whold Mercutio thing that is)