Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Deep Questions

I really like the movie so far, does anyone know what all of the costumes are supposed to stand for? I understand that Tybalt is the devil because he is evil, but what exactly is the significance of Romeo being a night and Juliet an angel. Is this just to paint her as very beautiful and him as noble and heroic? If so then I just want to say that taking a drug is not very heroic to me. Also our teacher said that there was also something to do with the fish tank. What is it supposed to signify, that the two star crossed lovers are separated by their families differences? So tell me what you think. Have fun blogging!

2 comments:

mellofelloet said...

Romeo is a knight because Juliet refers to him as her knight later on. Juliet is an angel because Romeo thinks she is so angelic and heavenly.

Erin said...

I think it is exactly that Romeo is a noble and Juliet is angelic. I also think that it is basically the separation that they face in what the fish tank represents.