Friday, April 27, 2007

poetry - yay or nay?

I really enjoy writing poetry, even though sometimes its not very good, and this is why it is sometimes awkward to read it in front of the whole class. I dont mind reading it whenever i feel like its good but whenever im not finished or feel like its not very good i find it hard to read it without it feeling awkward or embarassing. How do you guys feel about it? Onto another subject, i finally started back reading my free reading book again. And jude is getting awesome, he ends up following this plan to help his mother win a mayor election, and it ends him uo in jail, only to be betrayed by his stepfather and his mother thinks he is lying to her. He has proved himself among the inmates by fighting and has gone through "hell and back" as the book refers to it. Once he is out of solitary he cleans up and gets his GED along with a job in the prison offices, planning to become a lawyer. I am almost finished with the book and am having trouble not reading it in class because its getting so exciting. How is everyone else's free reading treating them?


Today's art is one of my most favorite painting's of all time, done be alex grey this is BardoBeing, a depth painting, examine closely and tell me how many faces do you see?

3 comments:

Erin said...

I see seven faces.

mellofelloet said...

I see five faces and then two babies.

Stella_in_color said...

i see...three faces, two skulls, two babies, and a giant alien. yeah.