Friday, April 27, 2007

Poetry

How do you feel about poetry? Mainly, how do you feel about expressing your poetry to others and letting them read it?

I think poetry means a lot, and also says a lot about yourself. When you write poetry, at least when I do, I put a lot of myself into it. This is the reason why most of the poems I write are more solemn and seldom straightforward.

When you let others read your poetry, or you read it outloud, I think you are revealing part of your feelings to them.

I find it interesting reading other people's poetry, because it shows the many different views people can have about the same topic.

I think this is why you feel nervous when you read your poetry outloud, because you are kind of projecting an image of yourself out there.

1 comment:

lild7hinascc said...

I agree. Poetry can explain how a person is but can also affect how you look at a person also. A person can be bad at poetry but that doesn't mean they suck at everything. Poetry does explain a person's feelings though.