Tuesday, April 24, 2007

AWTR Book vs. Movie



Well, I finished "A Walk To Remember" this weekend. I was so proud of myself, I didn't cry. But the book wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I finished watching the movie tonight and I like them both. There were parts in the book that weren't in the movie that I liked better and there parts in the movie that I liked better. I liked the movie a lot because it made it more real and they made it more into a story line. Plus, in the movie, some parts seem more realistic. One major difference was the time frame. In the book Nicholas Sparks says it was 1958, but in the movie, the setting was closer to our time. In the movie, the boy, Landon, had head phones and he was listening to music and it wasn't Elvis. Also the cars were not the right kind. I don't know much about cars, but I know what 1950's cars looked like and these looked nothing like them.
Even though I leaning to the movie as my favorite, you can't take away from the author. The movie wouldn't have been made if Sparks hadn't thought of the story. None the less, I still suggest you read the book. It is still a very good book. It's just that the movie is very, very good.









No comments: