Sunday, April 29, 2007

Romeo & Juliet--Worldwide


Almost everyone has heard the famous words during the balcony scene. But did you know it is know worldwide. When I was looking online, I found "Romeo and Juliet" all kinds in different countries. From operas in French to music in Russian. At least, I think it is Russian. I am not totally sure. Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool to see it, even though I can't read it. I have links below, but good luck reading the first website. It is the one that I think is in Russian, but I'm not sure. My favorite one is the second one. Part of it is in Spanish, but you can read most of the website. It is by a group that performs for Spanish schools that are learning English and like most of the websites I found, it isn't based restrictly off of Shakespeare's original play. They add characters and change several parts. The third website explains the difference between the French's opera of Romeo and Juliet and Shakespeare's original play.







By the way, I was wondering what scene are we suspose to be on?




























1 comment:

cavalierschick said...

I don't think I ever talked about Romeo and Juliet in school prior to this year, which is why kids that young learning about it is insane to me. I mean, I bet they're really intelligent, but it just makes me feel way behind in my learning if that's what a third grader is learning.