Monday, April 30, 2007

Free Verse Poetry


I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I really enjoyed the free verse poetry activity that we did last week. It really helped me with my writing skills as well as helping me become a better poet. I think that it also helped me with using imagery as a writing techmique. Now I feel like I can write with more discription and use better adjectives. I think that we should write poetry more often, maybe during the free writing or do another photostory. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Tony Buck said...

The free writing poetry was really enjoyable for me too. I liked just being able to write about whatever we wanted. Having that freedom was awesome. At first I was kind of leery about letting other people read my poem becuase I'm not very confident in my writing ability, but after my group read it they said it was really good, so that gave me a positive boost. Going into the poetry writing were you confident, becuase I know about half our class raised their hands when Ms. James asked if anyone felt shy about sharing poetry.