Monday, April 16, 2007

Pretense

I've only gotten to page 75, and out of 702 pages, that's not even a dent, but it's good so far. With an army officer father and husband, the Bishop family moves around a lot. The book starts out with the main characters as little girls, but I'm hoping they grow up soon. Marrel, the girls' mother, has just found out her husband is going to be away from her for an entire year, and she is starting to feel self-ish because she's wishing husband would get out of the service, so one: they could stop moving, and two: her husband would be able to stay with her. Meanwhile, Shay, Marrel's school friend, is a three-year christain, and making a pointless effort to talk to her Marrel and her husband, and make them understand her new faith.
Questions: 1.) would you be strong enough to let your husband/wife be away from you for a year?
2.) could you ever be and army officer's wife/husband?

3 comments:

never_give_up said...

It would be really hard to let your husband leave for a year. I could do it, but it would be very sad and I'd probably get depressed. But I think I could do it.

bumblebee15 said...

I don't think that I could be in the army. Especially not in combat. I don't have a strong enough heart to take what happens out there. I could be a nurse or something like that.

Scarlett_Rose said...

That's kinda how I feel, although I'm not sure I could be an army wife either.