Friday, April 27, 2007

Similies and Metaphors and Alliteration oh my!!! :-)

I am really excited that we are starting the poetry unit!!! i have always enjoyed great poetry and i have always had a nack for writing some pretty kick butt stuff. I usually write on my own time not only in the classroom so it comes to me easily. I was thinking today, on Wednsday Ms. James had us write down what we saw in a bad poem, well how do we really know what a "bad" poem is? Anything that anyone writes has got to be good to at least someone. The Writer of the '' bad'' poetry for petes sake would have to like it. We are all so diverse in our thinking, that it would be hard to write a totall horrible poem. And then I feel somewhat like a hypocrite because i have seen some BAAADD poetry in my life. I guess that it just depends on how you think. Now if i may i would like to include a little poem of my own. Just a little limerick inspired by my grandma.
Musty, Crusty, Rusty Grandma

My Grandmas caserole is crusty

Her attic is really musty.

Her lipstick is red,

she has white hairs on her head,

and the water in her sink is rusty.


Thats just a silly poem. one of the tons that i have. I hope that everybody has a great weekend! keep on rhyming!

4 comments:

mellofelloet said...

That was an excellent poem. I really like the third and fourth lines. Good point about the bad poems, no one really knows what a bad poem is. They might have their own ideas but I dont think that anyone truly knows what a bad poem is.

mygame_tennis16 said...

Thats a really creative title.

Eliza101 said...

WOW nice poem. I wish I was as good as you!! lol

Stella_in_color said...

ha ha ha im so good!