Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Virginia Tech Shooting


Hey how has your week been? Mine has actually been pretty good. I went to contest today and we got a 1 rating which is the best that you can get so I am pretty happy!!
One thing that has not been happy about this week is the shooting of 33 people at Virginia Tech on Monday. I think that it is so sad that a person can have that much anger inside them and how they can just go out and kill that many people. Most of them he didn't even know. I also think that it is so scarry that the same kind of thing can happen here at Kickapoo.

I feel so bad for all of those families that have had someone killed in the attacks. That man did not only kill 33 people but he also wounded 14 others and has affected many lives.

Do you think that the police and school security guards could have done anything to prevent something like this from happening?

Do you think that they should have warned the students sooner that 2 hours after the first attack? I think that they should have.

Hope that the rest of the week goes good for you and that you all have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

bumblebee15 said...

Hey I was with you at contest! I also think that it was horrible what happened at Virginia Tech. I think more could have been done. But I don't think that they should be blamed or anything. I think it was kind of like 9/11 because nothing like this had ever happened at a college or university before. And they didn't know what to expect. Plus if they had told them two hours before, the students would have probably been running around trying to get away from the campus when the man came back.(Good Post) See you on Monday.