Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Eh...


Okay, So I'm not much of the romantic, but the whole Romeo and Juliet thing

Seems a little overrated...But what would I really know? We are only just

starting on it, so not much to really talk about.

Personally I don't like the newer version of Romeo and Juliet because

they are filming modern day, but talking old english. That's just way weird.

I like the older film because it seems to really be like old times and follows the

Romeo and Juliet script just a little bit more than the newest one.

DISCUSS:

1) Which version of the films of Romeo and Juliet do you prefer?

2) Do you think that the newer version is just a little weird?

3) How are you doing? I'm utterly bored and I really don't know

what to blog about, since we haven't really gone into Romeo

and Juliet that much, yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Which version of the films of Romeo and Juliet do you prefer?
I like the modern one.


2) Do you think that the newer version is just a little weird?
yeah, I wish the would not use old english

3) How are you doing?
im pretty good.

Scarlett_Rose said...

Quite frankly I think the newer version is retarded. Even for me, and you know I'm a romantic, their relationship is overrated. I realise that their story was one of contraversy, but their are only two paths that a love story generally takes. 1.) the lovers hate in the beginning, love in the end, or 2.) they love from the beginning. Which is what Romeo and Juliet's romance does. They love each other from the very beginning. Really and truly the only part that differs from other romances is that they kill themselves in the end and that it's spoken in a way that we have to have a little cheat sheet to understand it.

KuroiKisu said...

I guess, but I honestly didn't want to read Romeo and Juliet at first, not because I thought I wouldn't understand it...I just think that I'm not in the mood for a love story :)

ice skate dreamer said...

I like the older version of Romeo and Juliet for the same reasons that you stated in your blog.

lild7hinascc said...

I didn't like the modern version at first. However I've started to warm up to it. I think the movie would've been better if they used modern english.