Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thoughts of Romeo+Juliet


At first I thought this movie was way over exaggerated. The movie took place with modern effects and seemed awkward with the fact the characters were speaking Shakespeare. Some of the visuals seemed weird and misplaced. But this was all before I read the book. As we read the Ball scene and re watched it, I felt that they connected in a unique way. The props and how the characters dressed represented how Shakespeare described them. The pill also helped with adding effects to how Romeo acted. The ball was a masquerade so everyone dressed in a strange custome. Romeo's friend for instance dressed like a girl. The thought of a guy dressing like a girl seemed nasty to me but I felt that it connected with his personality somehow. Juliet was described as an angel so she had angel wings at the masquerade and Romeo was described as a knight. The movie is pretty good so far but bizzare at some points. I think that Shakespeare would approve of this movie if he was still alive today.

No comments: