Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The movie to Kill a Mockingbird


From reading other posts, I noticed that some of you posted about the movie. From what I have seen of it so far, I am not very impressed. It seems like the book was more in depth and descriptive while the movie seems to be a little bit slower and does not have all of the events in it. I'm not sure about you but that really bugs me when parts are cut out of the movies. I hope that the movie picks up a little bit after the trial like the book did. What do you think. Do you like the movie better than you liked the book? I think that the movie would have been a huge success if it had been closer to the book.
So on another subject how was your spring break? Mine was great and for the most part relaxing. Hope that you all have a good rest of the year. I'm sure that it will go by as fast as the rest of the year has been, but I have had plenty of memories from this year.
Hope that you will continue to comment me!!

3 comments:

cavalierschick said...

I personally liked the movie better. When I read the book, I could get absolutely no mental picture of any of it. I enjoyed the movie because for once I felt like I actually could someone what connect with that was going on.

never_give_up said...

I felt like I had seen the movie before, it was kind of weird, I pictured the people exactly like on the movie, it might be because i saw the people in the pictures with the comments, i don't really know, but Harper Lee was really descriptive so maybe she just did a good job.

bumblebee15 said...

I agree with you. The movie was horrible in comparsion. But I think it is more for people who haven't read the book. And they didn't put everything in there, because the movie would be very long and it would turn watchers away, and they would lose interest, especially in the beginning. It would be like "Gone with the Wind". ("Gone with the Wind" I like four hours long)